Windrunner is a fresh TBC realm from Endless, releasing February 28, 2021 at 14:00 CET!
The new realm will incorporate many of the previously well-received Endless' features with a couple of fresh ideas to best prepare you for adventures beyond the Dark Portal.
As we've mentioned earlier this year, we've been preparing to run a fresh realm.
We've been listening to your suggestions and observing the excitement surrounding The Burning Crusade during the period leading up to today. With the confirmation of an official Classic release in 2021, we're ready to share the details for Windrunner.
Let's jump into it!
We've revisited the leveling experience to make sure it's as smooth as possible!
With the adjustments listed below you, and your friends, will be able to make your way to Outland seamlessly.
- 8x XP rates (around 15 hours of /played from level 1 to 70)
- Autolearned spells (including weapon and armor skills, class quests like Shaman Totem quests, Rogue Poison quests, Warlock Grimoires, etc.)
- Max weapon skills for the appropriate level
- Free level 30 Riding and mount (learned through Autolearn)
- Party shared quest items
- Accurate (per-area) dynamic respawn timer system
PvEAfter going through a full release cycle on our previous realm Sunstrider, we've learned a lot about the community's expectations regarding the difficulty and timing of the releases.
With that in mind, we've gone through our PvE content and made adjustments to make sure it's challenging but fair. Given the Classic release and your eagerness to battle unreleased content, the new tiers will follow a faster, adaptive release schedule.
- Increased content difficulty
- Fast content release schedule (T4 out on release, T5 a week after release, future releases adapted to the progression rate)
- Reviving in front of the boss and cooldown reset when wiping (only in TBC raids)
- Karazhan reset twice a week (Wednesday and Sunday)
- 2.4.3 loot rules (3 Tier tokens per boss, no BoJ from bosses until later)
- Profession rates increased by 100% (x2)
- Daily quest hubs (Skettis, Netherwing Ledge, Ogri'la) open on launch
- Free dual specialization
The Burning Crusade is known for its PvP, and we've been fortunate to witness a lot of great memories and storylines emerge on our realms. To allow you to best prepare for TBC PvP, other than hosting the Tournament Realm, we've made some adjustments for Windrunner.
- S0 Blue PvP Reputation sets will be available on release
- Honor gains will be double by default, tripled during weekends
- Arena points flush will happen twice a week, with more points awarded in 2v2 and 3v3
- Season 1 will be available for Honor at launch, the Arena seasons will start with Season 2